Cooperation and networking
The main purpose of the cooperation of Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council is to support the regional development process. The international cooperation of the Regional Council focuses on the Baltic Sea Region, which is where its most important partners also come from.
Regional Council supports Interreg programmes and develops EU projects. It is
also a member of European organizations and networks such as the Baltic Sea
States Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC) and the Conference of Peripheral
Maritime Regions (CPMR).
The Council has signed bilateral cooperation agreements
with the capital regions of Moscow in Russia, the Valencia region in Spain and the regions of Masovia and West Pomeranian in Poland. The Zhejiang Region in China is the cooperation partner furthest away geographically.
Services provided by the Regional Council
- Networking and liaison, especially within the Baltic Sea Region
- Interreg programme support
- EU project development, support and partner search
- Participation in international networks and assemblies
- Maintaining representative offices in Brussels and in St. Petersburg